Ipperwash Beach on Lake Huron is just a 2 minute drive or short walk from WoodHaven. Grand Bend Beach is a 15 minute drive. Grand Bend is also known for one of the largest Flea Markets around. 35 minute drive to the U.S. border at Sarnia/Port Huron.
Some of the local attractions include:
- Beaches –
- Carolinian Forest at the back of our property offers numerous hiking trails.
- Golf Courses
- Full Grocery within easy driving distance
- Beach Restaurants /Ice Cream /”Chip Stands” within walking distance
- Seasonal Farmers Markets / Orchards – Fresh fruits and Veggies straight from the Farm
- Herb Farm just down the road on Lakeshore Dirve
- Kettle Point – Home of The First Nations Community offers – Authentic Cooking at their Local Restaurants, Handmade Crafts
- Night Life – Grand Bend ( 15 Minutes away) Full Scale Beach side Bars, Surf Shops and Restaurants
- City of Forest – Theatre/shops/ Library – Like stepping back in time.
- Pinery Provincial Park – Quietly explore the woodlands along a trail by foot or by bike, dip a paddle in the Old Ausable Channel,